Focus on Fontvieille
Located West of the Principality, Fontvieille is the business district of Monaco. Numerous companies have their offices in Fontvieille, making this district the less touristic part of the Principality of Monaco.
Monaco’s second harbor is located in Fontvieille, and buildings with luxurious amenities will welcome you.
- Price per square meter: 42 575 euros (in 2017) while in 2008 the price per square meter was 30 644 euros, and 25 451 euros in 2012. (1)
- 9,4% of the total sales were made in Fontvieille in 2017, or 38 sales, representing 8,7% of the total sales revenue for the Principality of Monaco, or 158,7 million euros. (1)
- A 43,2% decrease in sales revenue was registered between 2016 and 2017 in Fontvieille, for a 20,8% decrease in number of sales. (1)
- Average sale price in 2016: 5,8 million euros. (1)
- Average sale price in 2017: 4,2 million euros. (1)
- Population : 4 420 inhabitants, which represents 12% of the total population. (2)
- Number of units: 2 119, which represents 11% of the total units of the Principality of Monaco. (2)
- Area : 33 ha.
- The Principality of Monaco has a total surface of 499 ha, or 2,02 sq km
- Total number of sales for real-estate new builds in Monaco in 2017: 50. (1)
- 66% of these new builds being 1 bedroom apartments, for a total value of 228,9 million euros (was 453,5 million euros in 2016), which represents a 50% decrease, even with the 51,5% increase in number of sales compared to 2016. (1)
- More units are sold but for lower values. One out of two unit is sold for under 4 million euros with an average sale price at 4,6 million euros. (1)
- Total number of sales in Monaco in 2017 (excluding new builds): 406, which represents a 21,9% decrease compared to 2016, for a total value of sales of over 1.8 billion euros. Which represents a 17,2% decrease compared to 2016. (1)
- Average sale price in 2017 for Monaco (excluding new builds): 4,5 million euros. (1)
Fontvieille is a business district, very lively by day with many great restaurants and bars. This neighborhood is home to the famous Louis II Stadium, the Princess Grace Rose Garden, the zoo, a shopping mall, the International University of Monaco, as well as the Espace Fontvieille where many events take place, such as the International Circus Festival.
Fontvieille also has its own harbor, with its ocean front restaurants and bars.
Which one is your favorite?
- La Condamine
- Le Rocher / Monaco-Ville
- La Rousse
- Jardin Exotique
- Les Moneghetti
Welcome to Monaco!
*Neighborhoods defined by Sovereign Order n° 4.481 of September 13, 2013
(1) Source : Direction des Services Fiscaux, IMSEE
(2) Source : Recensement de la population 2016